Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mittens (Free Tut.) & A Scarf!


My first set of fingerless mittens!
Here is the free pattern at Lula Louise


In my style of doing things--I had to change it a little to be completely the seed stitch.
You will see the difference if you look at pattern.



And why stop there!
Also made a simple lace pattern for a scarf !
This I just increased as I went along.



 Here is my matching set for those chilly days!

In a previous post several asked about the yarn.
I have know idea what it is.
It was not cheap-- but boy it is soft.
I got it at a yarn store not from a chain.

Till We Quilt Or Knit Again,


Linked with:

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't remember (or recognize) every yarn by its brand and specific subdivision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mittens and scarf are fab!! I am going to have to sign up for a knitting class after the 1st of the year. . . see if maybe my old brain can figure it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could definitely do with a pair of these - my hands are always cold. I'll have to brush up my knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice set! I'd probably wear the gloves inside at work. It gets so chilly in my office. If you're looking for another place to share your projects, I would love to have you stop by Etcetorize and join our Make it Monday party. It's open now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a beginner knitter and have mastered basic stitches. I will add this project to my list of items to be learned. Love the stitch you used. Thank you for sharing at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those mittens and scarf look so beautiful and cosy, Helen! Congrats on two beautiful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...love that set! Nice work!! You coming along as a knitter!! Keep up the good work!

    Nini~

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by and leaving a few words. I will answer questions for all to read or you can email me privately for a private response. Either way I will answer you soon. Till We Quilt Again, Helen