Friday, May 30, 2014

Necessity Leads to Inspiration!


Ever felt backed into a corner and don't know what to do? And there are limits with what you can have. Ninety percent of the time I love when this happens barring no earth shattering situations.  There is a creative adrenaline rush knowing that you need to come up with a answer. And most of the time there is a creative resolution. And yes, there are those times when we just need to throw in the towel!


A few years back when finally having the opportunity to have a sewing room--I wanted to do it right while having a comfortable place for my son to come home to. It was a slight adjustment that his manly room was becoming my sewing room but I still wanted his tall body to be "snug as a bug" in my dream sewing room.


The dilemma- what kind of bed, where 
to put it and would he fit in it?

This is when creative inspiration was needed!


Here is what we came up with!







A queen side Murphy Bed!






Lots of photos and bed information (1/2 down post)









Nini & The Sea





Till We Quilt Again,




4 comments:

  1. Wow! I think you achieved your goal, Helen. Looks wonderful and I love how you would never know this room is dual purpose. Totally gorgeous and welcoming - guaranteed he'll be snug as a bug when he visits. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely fabulous idea!!! Looks fantastic...I esp. like our clean and tidy it all is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you found a great creative solution, that looks neat and tidy, but serves its purpose wonderfully. To think, I completely took over the guest bedroom for my sewing space. We do have some sheets and an air mattress. It has a slow leak...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sewing room looks very clean and organized! I really like your wall hanging and pillows. I love those colors, and they really tie everything together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by and leaving a few words. I will answer questions for all to read or you can email me privately for a private response. Either way I will answer you soon. Till We Quilt Again, Helen