Monday, May 12, 2014

Graduation-College Quilt-#2




This my son and my niece last week.
My niece attends:
Wordmark



She recently came home for a few days and has since returned to Florida to take Honors courses throughout the summer.
(I will have a future post on my son--he recently became a  helicopter pilot)


The school colors are gold and black.





This is a lap size quilt.



It is hard to see in the photos but I used a ruler to quilt the top that is similar to a spiral burst of sunshine connected with loops.


You somewhat see it here.


This is one of those quilts that really makes a statement with 
rich bright colors but does not show up well on the camera.




To see another quick-fun graduation quilt with
a video tutorial link 
click HERE




stitch by stitch
Linked with Marelize:







Till We Quilt Again,

2 comments:

  1. Helen, both of these quilts are so beautiful! I love that they have school colours but aren't "school quilts"! I think these are so much more versatile. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! A great keepsake. Love the photo of your niece and son.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by and leaving a few words. I will answer questions for all to read or you can email me privately for a private response. Either way I will answer you soon. Till We Quilt Again, Helen