Monday, May 19, 2014

Blogger' Quilt Festival

This is my first time linking up at Bloggers Quilt Festival. Having read and followed for years, I have decided to take the plunge! Truth be told I have my fingers crossed and hoping the "Quilting Gods" are on my side--that I will have this linked here and there!









Weather you like a light or dark background, modern or traditional fabrics this pattern works well with all styles.










I recently posted this quilt here if you would like to see more photos.


Finished Size:  87 X 67
Pattern: Summer Solstice
Batting: Double layer of Hobbs 80/20 Black
Machine Pieced and machine quilted by me.
Category: Large

Quicklinks to all categories : MiniSmallLargeAppliqueArtHand QuiltedHome Machine QuiltedModernOriginal DesignROYGBIVScrappy











Till We Meet Again,


9 comments:

  1. I can't believe I'm the first to comment on this beautiful quilt! Maybe you only just put it into the Festival today. Anyway, I love it!! The bright colours are so effective against the black background. The fabrics you've chosen are really appeal to me, and quilting is wonderful too. I thought the photos were taken in snow, but no, it's a beach. The dark colours of the quilt really stand out against the white of the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt!!! Adore the black and brights and your quilting is FABULOUS!!! All-around gorgeous quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The colors are fantastic. The quilting is beautiful. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting is incredible - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your quilt is very striking! Love the way the bright colors pop against the black. And your quilting is just stunning. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent quilting Helen! love the colors! good luck in the BQF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finish! Is this quilted on a long-arm or domestic machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I do have a Nolting Pro24 which is not computerized.

      Delete
  8. Hi Helen, took some time to look around around your blog and landed here to just say: WOW! You do beautiful work and I'm inspired to follow! With Smiles, V:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by and leaving a few words. I will answer questions for all to read or you can email me privately for a private response. Either way I will answer you soon. Till We Quilt Again, Helen